Unhealthy eating habits
1. Eating very quickly. If you use to eat in a hurry, this habit can cause acid reflux. Try to eat your food for at least 20 minutes because that’s the time your brain receive the message that you’re satiated, so eat slowly and enjoy your meal.
2. Not chewing the food. Is a result of eating very quickly and cause the same problems.
3. Skipping breakfast. If you’re always in a big hurry and breakfast is not for you soon your body system will slow down to conserve energy and store calories that will affect your metabolism and your ability to concentrate. You’ll probably eat more at lunch and dinner that is more likely to result in overweight or even obesity. Eat your breakfast within 2 hours after waking up.
4. Chocolate eating. Theobromine, a bitter alkaloid of the cacao plant containing in chocolate may affect the body especially in chronic diseases or elderly.
5. Coffee drinking. You should know that coffee is known as a natural contraceptive most coffee-addicted having problems with procreation. Also if you add whipped cream or flavored syrup you add hundreds of extra calories. Try to moderate your coffee drinking and skip the heavy treats.
7. Sugar and artificial sweeteners. It is wrong to think that having your tea sweetened with something artificial instead of sugar add you some bonuses at your health skipping this way a lot o calories. Artificial sweeteners “trick” the brain so you feel less satiated and consume more calories.Much more, you add chemicals in your body and it doesn’t seem to be an improvement in any way.
8. Drinking carbonated drinks. These kinds of drinks erode teeth enamel and are one of the main causes in kidney stones production.
9. Eating anything with an ingredient that can’t be easily spelled. Or you may simply put a list of ‘bad ingredients’ in your pocket and consult it sometimes when you’re shopping.
10. Alcohol drinking. Even a moderated use of alcohol damages brain and body cells. Chemical additives that generally contain all alcohol beverages don’t make your body healthier or stronger. It is also a fact that most suicides are alcohol related.
11. Overeating. Try to eat moderately and learn to recognize the signs of being satiated. Eating an extra 100 calories everyday means you’ll put on a pound of fat in just 7 weeks. Better throw the leftovers or put them in the fridge for the next day then overeat.
12. Bad diet. The great majority of Americans have a diet high in fat and low in fruits and vegetables. This kind of diet cause soon or later constriction and blockage of arteries that leads to strokes, heart attacks and high blood pressure. A poor diet cause also constipation; sugar and refined carbohydrates can lead to diabetes.
Diseases caused by bad eating habits – consequences of poor eating habits
Unhealthy eating habits bring shortage of healthy minerals and vitamins in your body and your health status decreases gradually.
All the functioning of stomach disturb if you adopt bad eating habits
You can suffer heart diseases, diabetes, high cholesterol and blood pressure etc.
Fatty Liver Diseases
Memory loss and forgetfulness
Bad Eating Habits Produce Inflammation and Changes in Behavior
Almost all occurrences of cancer are related to eating habits
Bad eating habits statistics
• Over the past 30 years, the number of overweight children has doubled and the
number of overweight teenagers has tripled.
• Diabetes prevalence increased by 33% in the in the past 20 years, due primarily
to the increased number of overweight individuals
• Over 300,000 deaths per year are caused by poor nutrition
If you decide to be healthier, start today by quitting bad habits.
Get more information